With Rae Indigo
Living Yoga is the 300 Hour Global Teacher Training Program offering Graduates of the 200 Hour Program the opportunity to specialize in the following trainings:
· Or work with us to design your own specialization
All 500 Hour candidates will be working under direct guidance of Director Rae Indigo throughout the entire certification process.
Student eligibility for this 300 Hour Living Yoga Certification requires a Yoga Alliance certificate proving completion of the 200-hour Power Yoga Teacher Training Program. Students also have the option to register directly for the 500 Hour Teacher Training Program without a prior certification and as soon as they have completed the initial 200 Hour requirements they qualify to immediately begin their 300 Hour Living Yoga component.
These Living Yoga 300 Hour Programs are specifically designed with consideration for each individual student’s unique schedule and particular specialization. The specific path to each student’s 500 Hour Certification is determined through personalized coaching and counsel from Director Rae Indigo. Below please find Teacher Training Requirements, Contact Hours and Tuitions.
Attendance of these Teacher Training programs is the principle way of fulfilling your 120 Required Contact Hours. Additionally students can obtain contact hours by public class apprenticeship, working privately with Rae and/or teaching Yoga in her company and under her direction. An initial consultation with Rae will determine a “Specific Schedule” and “Contact Hours Assignment” tailored to your needs.
These Living Yoga programs are personalized and designed so students can complete their course requirements over a period of weeks, months or even years, according to each student’s particular schedule and the times they’re available.
Those students entering all the various formats of the Living Yoga program need to understand that core daily required hours will be expected of them, this required time will include self practice, meditation, pranayama, reading of required books, homework assignments, plus assisting/adjusting public classes and teaching practice.
Comprehensive knowledge (both written and verbal) of all 200 Hour Teacher Training Modules is a prerequisite to the Living Yoga program. All prospective 300 and 500 Hour Students must submit themselves to a preliminary “Placement Examination”; this will be used to determine their proficiency. It will be required that all students demonstrate proficiency for all subjects, wherever this requirement is not met the corresponding Curriculum Lectures must be attended and/or the audio file accessed for study. Final examination for students will cover all this material.
Choosing Your Specialization Option: Rae will be offering the following two unique and different, 300 Hour Specializations as options. Either of these two options will allow students who have completed the 200 Hour Programs, the privilege and opportunity of registering for their own 500 Hour Accreditation.
Specialization Options (choose one)…
1. Therapeutics and Anatomy – Includes: Healing Sequences, Lower Back Pain, Pranayama, Guided Meditations, Yin Yoga, Alignment, Massage Therapy and Hands-on Adjustments. Emphasis is on practical application of the skills and techniques.
2. Yoga Classics and Meditation – Includes: Yoga Sutras (Patanjali), Hatha Yoga Pradipika, Ramayana, Mahabharata, Bhagavad Gita, Prana, Shakti, Shiva, Brahma, Vishnu, Brahman. As above, emphasis is on practical application of the skills and techniques.
- Daily Sadhana 2 Hours Self practice – Asana, Pranayama, Meditation
- Daily Journaling, Practice Time Log, and Food Log
- Ability to teach a high-caliber yoga class attending to the individual needs of students
- Successfully complete the 500 level quiz for each module
- Internship, Apprenticeship, or special Project
- Attendance of curriculum lectures or access to audio files about Major Specialization
- Mandatory Attendance or review of Video Files for Alignment and Adjustment Modules
- Required Reading
- Pass Written, Verbal and Practical Examinations
- Karma Yoga – Service
- 5 Weekly or Bi-weekly personal lessons with Director or Lead Teacher
- Attainment of 120 Contact Hours as specified by Yoga Alliance
Contact Hours Can be Obtained:
Through our accredited immersion programs and training with co-faculty and lead teachers; this on a “one-on-one” basis.
500 Hour Required Books (Not-Included in Tuition)
Hatha Yoga Pradipika – Swami Mukta Budhadnanda
Ramayana – Chakravarti Rajagopalachari
A Physiological Handbook for Teachers of Yogasana – Mel Robins
Mahabharata – Chakravarti Rajagopalachari
Power Vs Force – Dr. David Hawkins
Anatomy of Hatha Yoga – David Coultoure
Key Muscles of Hatha Yoga – Ray Long
Prana and Pranayama – Swami Niranjananda Saraswati
Yoga Sutras – Swami Satchidananda
Tuition 200 Hours – $2950
Tuition 300 Hours – $3250
Tuition 500 Hours – $5450